Saturday, May 31, 2008

This old house, cont.....



On May 16Th, ...this old house...I mentioned I was plastering and painting the bathrooms in our home. One of the bathrooms ( Coach's) is finished and I thought I'd show you pictures. We bought this darling Tudor cottage over two years ago and continue to make changes and frequently dream of future projects.... like a guest house w/ a sleeping loft....... and a large screen room with vaulted ceiling ......that would open into our house through 3 pairs of french doors,..... and also open onto a large deck! I love dreaming! And that's why it fun to show pictures of this bathroom, because until recently it was just a dream! I could kick myself in the ' you know what' for not taking 'before' pictures! The transformation is drastic. I know you would enjoy the comparison! Please allow me to quickly explain the 'before'!
Pale yellow paint on ' orange peel' walls with a 'once upon a time', sweet pansy wallpaper border( and trust me, Coach is not a big fan of pansy paper). A typical 15 yr. old bathroom cabinet with a poured 'cultured marble' sink / counter. A built -in towel cabinet above the toilet. Vinyl wood floors. Patterned glass shower doors. There! It amazes me that we've waited this long to change it ...but you know how time flies when you're having fun!


So here is the new look:
(Oh my goodness! Please disregard the 'tea pot' art hanging on the wall. I love the frames and will be painting something this week to replace these.) Instead try to focus on the simple, soothing new decor!
Hand troweled textured walls, painted and glazed. Can you see that the ceiling is a pale blue grey color? I love it! It's called Winter in Paris, an American Tradition shade at Lowes. to blend with 2" Indian Autumn slate tiles on the floor. New stained cabinet with sink and marble top. Decorative iron mirror and nature themed accessories. ....

(The quail eggs in this nest were a source of inspiration in the colors I used.)

Complete with library!

We love the way everything looks. I'll post pictures of the 'girls' bath later this week. And by the way Monday I'll post the details about the contest!

2 comments:

Beth said...

AWESOME!! My favorite part is the new tile floor...I know you worked so hard on the walls and they look great too! But, the tile on the floor is so cool, great choice! Way to go!!! LOVE IT!

Roxanne said...

Thanks, B!I'm glad you like it!