Saturday, November 1, 2008

Painting with Kimberly!

This week, I drove out to Midland, to paint decorative finishes in the Crook home. This will be the first of many posts, for I will be painting a lot of rooms in this large house. Usually I paint alone but this week I had the pleasure of painting with our daughter, Kimberly. She was a huge help to me and practically painted the entire room by herself! Plus we had a lot of fun! As many of you know spending time with Kim can be, shall we say, an "adventure".
Our first project at the Crook's, was 9 yr. old Kelly's room. I asked a lot of questions before deciding to paint an over-scaled silver damask on Kelly's walls. Kelly loves fun, fancy and silver. She is also a talented performer! Check her out at www.myspace.com/kellycrookonline . As you can see by the mirrored mosaic dress form that will embellish her room. After sketching on the baroque design, we (mostly Kim) painted on a base color. At the end of the third day, she finished applying the metallic silver.Way to go Kimi!!! The final effect is stunning! You did a GREAT job! Will you come back next week and paint some more?
PRETTY PLEASE! I promise I'll talk less and paint more.

Stay posted! More to come next week.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Wish I could come too...especially cause' me SO SAD and could use a little time with my mommy and sister...love you.

Kim said...

Mom... this is very silly! You don't have to pretend I did everything... it is all you roxy the artist!

full of gracie said...

UMMM... I need this room in my house!!! Can Roxanne and my Kimmy come paint in Rockwall???

lyndsay said...

Wow! I have no words of how awesome that room looks! Great job ladies! She is a lucky girl!

full of gracie said...

oh Roxanne.... Don't worry about it! I know you are very busy.

Valley Girl said...

Roxanne, we love your page! Kelly's room is soooo beautiful and we can't thank you enough for making our house into a beautiful home!!! Your talent is beyond belief, and it is such a blessing to have you in our house. Tell Kim we will miss her. Love, the Crook family