Monday, November 10, 2008

Painting the'villa'!



Last Monday Kimberly and I arrived at the 'villa'. We walked around the property and toured the suite we were to paint. Several weeks ago I had selected the rich mustard wall color but hadn't seen it on the walls yet. We made a plan, unloaded our supplies, custom mixed the 'oil rub' glaze, tie on our aprons and started painting! We painted all the ceilings, walls, baseboards, window mouldings, door facings, built-ins, shelves throughout the entire master bedroom, hallboth room size closets. Plus a metallic gold finish on the bath ceiling. Oh! How could I forget?...and six plantation shutters! The textured plaster was a great surface to work on. The end results were rich and warm. The room features an ancient hand carved and painted, double door and a 6'x6' hand carved wooden ceiling medallion.

This project took the two of us 4 long days. It also took a lot of muscle! Some days we got so tired and silly, I feared we'd fall off our ladders. In the near future I hope to post photos of the completed room.

2 comments:

Cassi said...

Amazing...You always blow my mind! I miss you and hope you have a great week!

Rochelle said...

Wow, that room is huge! I'm amazed it didn't take you longer than 4 days to finish! Great job and great color choice - it suits the style of the room.
I love visiting your blog and seeing all your wonderful projects!
Rochelle