Saturday, November 8, 2008

Plowing up the Plains!




The Abilene Cooper Cougars traveled three and half hours, last night, through the West Texas plains past hundreds of miles of cotton crops, to play the Plainsview Bulldogs. Plainsview is located in the panhandle, you know, near Happy and south of Amarillo. It was a still, clear, chilly night. Perfect weather for a football game! Everyone was bundled up with their stadium blankets and hot chocolate, ready for the action.


After last weeks defeat, the guys were focused and looking for a victory and momentum to take into the Playoffs next week. The first half they struggled. Leaving the field at half time the score was Cooper 16 Plainsview 13. Too close for comfort! But the 2nd half they played much better. Executed well and left the field victorious. Final score Cooper 37 Plainview 13.

The Playoffs begin next Saturday. Cooper will play Canyon at 2:00, Lubbock. Getting into the Playoffs is a big deal for the Cougars! It has been a year long goal for this hard working, dedicated team. I actually get a little emotional as I think of all they've gone through to get to this place. I know I speak for many when I say I 'd love to see this group of guys continue their journey. Learning together how to be champions. I respect each of you. You inspire me!

photos courtesy of Cindy Gravitt, www.gravittproductions.com . Check her out!!!

No comments: