Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pink Peony


Pink Peony.....12 x 12....Acrylic......Sold
____________________________

When I was young, many of my stories began with, ' Debbi and I'! She is on a short list of lifetime BFF. When I think about it, some of my favorite memories include, Debbi. I also loved her mother, Helen. Who was lovely, gracious and created a beautiful home. Helen loved old things and collected many treasures. Her decorative style was stunning and influenced me greatly...even to this day!


Today is Helen's birthday! You can imagine my delight when Debbi commissioned me to paint her mother's favorite pink peonies. With the assistance of Debbi's gorgeous photographs, I gladly did so. Flowers with a lot of petals can be rather tricky but this painting fell into place rather well. I want to thank Debbi for the idea and the challenge. I'll look forward to painting peonies again!

I hope your first days of school went well for kids and mom's alike. A special thanks to all you teachers who influence lives in countless ways. Your reward, though unseen is building our future. Thank you for your passion and dedication. You are appreciated more than you know!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Roxanne-

That is so gorgeous!! I know Helen will just love it!!

Debbi said...

I wish you could have been here with us when mom opened the painting...pure delight! And when she read your card and ALL the kind things you said, to her and about her...you can imagine, the tears started flowing! She is so deeply touched by the whole idea! Thanks for making mom's birthday so special! Love ya bunches!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Gorgeous! My favorite flower! I have them on the header of my blog;)!

Enjoy!
Cathy

paperbird said...

I have the prettiest pink peonies that bloom in my garden in the spring- what a beautiful idea to paint them. I love your painting- you are so talented.