Monday, August 16, 2010

Birdcage!


I spotted this amazing birdcage while shopping with Clint and Jenny. I instantly loved it and wanted to buy it! However, when I took a few minutes to think about it, I realized I didn't really want it, I just wanted to paint a picture of it! Wow! I wish I had discovered this a long time ago. So I snapped a photo with my iPhone and began to think of ways to paint this birdcage onto a canvas. I knew it would be tricky to paint the wires straight with a brush. It didn't take long to formulate a plan and I experimented. Here is the finished painting! When my class arrived today, they all loved the birdcage! They really liked it when they saw how easy it was to paint. So we painted the smaller cage below using the same technique. Don't worry! I'm going to tell you. I'll even show you a few pictures but before I do, I'm curious. Can you figure out the little trick we used to paint our birdcages on canvas?

Don't hesitate to guess. I won't keep you in suspense very long. Mainly because I'm not very good at keeping secrets.

3 comments:

bunnytrails said...

I know, I know!!!

Kayce said...

I think I would take the tray out and submerge it in paint.

Rochelle said...

love these....can't wait for you to reveal the technique!
-Rochelle