Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Juicing Update - A New Wave!


Over a month ago, I verbally tried to begin a second juice reboot with the hope of losing another 30 lbs. by the middle of May. Well, I'm sorry to say that didn't happen and with my goal date right around the corner, I'm feeling a bit disappointed and ...well, a little silly.

The good news is, I haven't gained weight. Which is so encouraging, but as I found out last week at my annual physical, I'm still 40 pounds overweight and my BMI (body mass index) is 30 which simply translated means = obese. In short, it's too early to celebrate. Though incredibly grateful for the significant loss and the nutritional re-education, my journey continues.

I've given it some thought and I'm ready to commit again. I've struggled to get my mind focused but I remember all to well how great I'll feel and how fast I'll lose the rest of this flab. I think my problem the past few weeks has been contentment. I've felt SO much better and enjoyed all the nice comments but when I imagine what it's going to feel like to lose 40 more pounds, it's easy to get excited!

So, the old calendar I used in January and February, is back on the wall. I'll take it one day at a time, eating and drinking and drinking all the fresh fruits and vegetables all day long.


Today was a tough. Truthfully, I didn't enjoy the juice...but I did enjoy imagining how great it will feel to drop 5 lbs this week. For now I'll focus on that and I'll let you know when it gets easier. Probably in a few days. Until then, I get busy cleaning out my closet again. It wont be long until everything in there will be too big.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I think your honesty about getting in the right mind set is the way it is with most women! You just have to make your mind up to do "it", whatever "it" is! I was wondering if you could let us know where all those recipes are from your former juices? I tried to look in the old posts, maybe did not go back far enough! Anyhoo, many Blessings and lots of Strength for you!!

Roxanne said...

Hi Stefanie! Thank you. This was the blog post I did not want to write but knew it was the right thing to do. Your comment encouraged me and I appreciate you taking a moment to share.

I've been trying to think of the simplest way to make those available and I think I will try to create a juicing tab at the top of my blog, right under the header. I;m going to check into that right now. Thanks for reminding me.

Big hug!