Sunday, March 14, 2010

There's nothing quite like a lazy, Sunday afternoon. Everyone is kicked back and relaxed, just watching the golf tournament. It's a beautiful day, almost 80 degrees. Later, I'd love to take a walk but right now it's quiet time! Think I'll join Coach and the Schnauzers in the family room.

I walk into the room, and I notice Coach is pushed back in his chair........enjoying the low quiet voices of the sports commentators as well as the soft applauds of the crowds......
...........Mitzi's curled up on the sofa...........

......Abby is snoozing on the floor.............. .and much to my surprise,
.......................so is this little guy!





OH MY GOSH!!!
What the heck! Coach has no earthly idea it's there! His feet, are obstucting his view.! Frozen AND FRANTIC, I ask him in amazement, how is it that he has not noticed THAT THERE IS A DEAD SQUIRREL AT HIS FEET?
Mitzi and Abby watch as Coach takes our 'visitor' to it's final resting place. R.I.P.









9 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! That is so funny!

Beth said...

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck...how did that even happen??? How did one of them walk in with a dead squirrel and NO ONE notice. We must come quickly and care for you both in your old age. First the rug and now this, things are getting out of control, we'll hurry!! :)

mary said...

Oh, that is toooo funny! I'm so glad that I know you and can "hear" your voice telling this story! Thanks for making me laugh out loud.

Susan said...

That's hysterical. At first, I thought the squirrel was sleeping, too, along with the dogs, Coach and you...almost. Love the post.

Kayce said...

OMG, that is priceless!!! I am in tears because I am laughing so hard. You have to love what dogs will bring to your feet!

Janice said...

I knew you lived in the country. Thanks for being so sweet on Saturday afternoon.

paperbird said...

That is so funny.

mary said...

Beth's comment just tops off an already hysterical story. Still laughing.

Yes, let's paint outside. (Do you think it's ever going to be warm and sunny again?)

Joni said...

I love those dogs!!!