Monday, June 8, 2009

...the Belles!

One of the unexpected joys of last weeks art workshop was all of the wonderful people we met. My sweet, artist friend Mary, (right) and I had so much fun getting to all of these amazing artists. Sixteen of us from all over the U.S., gathered to challenge our atistic abilities.

Two of the girls were friends from Virginia! True Southern Belles! Julia and Kathy, quickly painted a lot of great art. Here are a few 'bad' photos...sorry! but I just have to show you.

Introductions, first. This is, Julia! O.K! This is not really her but my interpretation of her (and she'll probably kill me), but I couldn't resist! She just made me giggle! Love those accents...you know, a little like Paula Deen. Anyhoo....her painting is beautiful! I tried hard not to be jealous. I think with continued prayer I'll be o.k.







Then there is the darling, Kathy!






I was instantly smitten with her distinctive style that is consitently evident in everything she paints!









The room was full of talented painters. This is Brenda, another lovely painter, that produces beautiful art. Visit her blog and web site to see more.
There were so many more... now I really regret, not photographing more...but hey! I was trying to paint! Which reminds me it is time to go do a little 'daily painting'!!!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, that sounds like such fun!!

Beth said...

It looks like it was such a cool weekend mom! Glad you wound up having so much fun!!

mary said...

We did have a good time, didn't we? So glad we went together! You are a fun traveling/painting partner. What's next?

Brenda Bogart said...

Roxanne, thank you so much for the kind words about my work. YOU are a true master and the most popular girl at the workshop! Thank you for making it so fun. I can't wait to paint that bird nest.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love your photos! and your new friends. I met two gals from Maine, in Jacksonville, at Carol's class.