Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Twenty eight!

IMG_4541

 

 

Jenny, for your big day I wanted to paint you something!  I know you have always

liked this piece of art so I came up with an idea I hope you will like. Inspired by one of

my favorite scriptures  Isaiah 61: 1-3, I’ve embedded God’s words into the

canvas. It is a powerful charge. A bold letter of love  from your Heavenly Father to you.

I’m convinced that deep down these words will resonate in a meaningful way.

bannergreen

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to

proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,

to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,

to proclaim the year of the LORD’S favor and the day of vengeance of our God,

to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion-

IMG_4548

…to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of

mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called

oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor.        Isaiah 61:3

IMG_4546

Happy birthday, Jenny…a woman of beauty, strength, love and truth.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

W.O.W. I thought I'd hop on over to your blog before bed and was greeted with this amazing post. How incredibly thoughtful, and kind, and moving... I just LOVE it. Thanks for always being so loving, I am certainly the blessed one to have you in my life :) Love you!!!!!

Me said...

Beautiful in every way!