Monday, February 21, 2011

Favorite Things......bird bath!




Located in the heart of our little cottage are two bathrooms. From the beginning we have referred to them as the 'boys and girls' bathrooms. Last week I showed you the girls bath. Do you remember? Today I want to show you the other but I've decided to to call it the 'bird bath'. Due to it's subtle bird theme. Are themes out of style? Well then let's say I took inspiration from our little feathered friends. Also their nest and eggs.





I frosted the walls with joint compound pretending it was a giant cake. Then I painted the walls ( the color of dried Lima beans) and the ceiling a pale grey blue. the next day, I brushed on and quickly wiped off, Minwax Dark Walnut Stain and Seal. The 2" slate tiles which look like crushed quail egg shells came from Lowe's. As did the shower doors. The sink and cabinet were pre assembled and purchased locally. Along with the decorative accessories.
So which do you prefer? The girls or the boys?

No comments: