Friday, December 3, 2010

Thankful!







I love this time of the year. I simply feel, thankful.




I woke up early on Thanksgiving morning, turn on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and put the turkey in the oven. It was a quite morning spent alone in the kitchen, while Coach practiced with the team. Beth and Co. drove through the hill country to West Texas to spend a few days.




Though I enjoy cooking, this meal is always a challenge. Getting everything ready at the same time is difficult for me but I was determined to enjoy the day. So I kept the menu simple and took my time.





This year we tried a pasture raised turkey from Slowpoke Farms (an organic farm in Rising Star....I'm not making this up). It was delish!


I also made Cornbread Dressing from a 100 year old recipe. Giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, Greenbean Bundles, Sister Schubert yeast rolls, jello fruit salad and (my grandmother's) Fudgey Chocolate Pie.


Everything came together nicely and just about the time dinner was ready, Coach came in from practice and Beth's Family arrived. Perfect timing.


note: Beth and Carter made the paper drumsticks...so cute!




And though we missed Kim, Clint and Jenny this year, our hearts were full of gratitude and our list of blessings, long.



Lord, we are thankful.

1 comment:

paperbird said...

i missed this somehow- it is all so very beautiful.