Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Lights!



As a child I loved Christmas lights! I still do.



There is something a bit magical about light. It's so bright and eye catching!




Especially in the dark of night.




Light in the midst of dark. It's a beautiful thing! Draws us near and warms our heart...




Stirs our soul.

Which reminds me of something Jesus said, "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12




How good of God, to provide us with His light at all times. That we too can shine... "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16



The past few days my head has been spinning with to do lists, gift ideas, decorations and recipes. All of which I enjoy. However, this year my heart is pulling me in a different direction. It's taking me somewhere new. It's a quiet place, far from the hustle and bustle of the Christmas I know and love. I wonder if you feel it too? In the quiet of the night, can you hear Him?
He's whispering His love.


I simply must respond.

........O come let us adore Him!


Will you join me,
in the stable of
our hearts, for
a quiet time
of adoration...
to marvel at
the King, whose
birth changed
everything!







I can't help but wonder. How is His love changing you?

4 comments:

Karen said...

Roxanne, such a beautiful post. Yes, I long to find that quiet place with HIM and be amazed with the awe of HIS greatness. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

oh sweet Roxy, I have been gazing at the stars and spending some quiet moments and going to that magical place.....les

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This just filled my heart with joy! Thank you for the wonderful pictures and your words.

paperbird said...

Beautiful... I love these thoughts Roxanne. Yes I am right there with you.