Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pet portraits!

Griffin, a cute Boston Terrier, was my first pet portrait! And because my new friend Sarah, liked it so much, her husband asked me to paint their aging chocolate lab Dixie, for Sarah's birthday. Isn't that sweet? They are young and newlyweds and I was so touched by this request. Afterall, wouldn't a 20-something prefer Joe jeans or a designer bag? As it turns out Dixie and Sarah have grown up together and have shared a lot of life. Fourteen years to be exact and Sarah wanted to make sure that she always had Dixie nearby.



So, here she is. Sweet Dixie!
Sara said she got a little teary when she opened it. There is nothing quite like a good dog!
Happy birthday, Sarah!


3 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

You know the love I have for my painting!! Thank you for sharing it with your world. I'll send you a picture as soon as it is framed and hanging on the wall! This gift made my birthday!

Heather Lee said...

I love this idea! I'll have to wait till my Phoebe is gone though...she's a little vain. I think she'd just sit and stare at her portrait all the time if I did it now. "Look at me! I knew I was so pretty, but I'm just breathtaking!"

(You'll have to excuse me...I had icing for breakfast!)
God Bless,
Heather

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Awe, I love it! I think I am going to have to comission you to paint one of our precious puppy! (well, she really istn't a puppy but a 5 year old lab) You do amazing work!
Hope you had a great time at Coaching School!!