Saturday, August 23, 2008

A beautiful french bath!


Earlier this year, I believe it was March, I posted pictures of a beautiful piece I painted for my friend and neighbor Debra. It is so pretty! ...and I really enjoyed painting it! Here is a recent picture, complete with antique mirrior and accessories.

So when Deborah asked me to paint her master bath, I eagerly jumped at the opportunity. I knew it would be gorgeous! (Debra and her designer/friend Kathy don't do ugly)!


The first thing I did was paint alkyd base, Fresh Start (Benjamin Moore) all over the entire room. Walls , ceiling, woodwork and trim were coated with a roller or brush and let it dry overnight... and the following day I hand troweled joint compound onto the primed walls and painted the ceiling, crown moulding, base boards metalic gold.


Day three, I began to trowel metallic paint onto the walls careful to leave alot of the white showing. I would repeat this this procedure several times using various shades of paint to create the look of old world plaster....

which would add dimension and interest. This little french bathroom maybe short on square footage but it's big on beauty and style.



The black marble tiles add the finishing touch!

This effect was stunning and one of my favorites to date.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Looks real Frenchie! Love it mom! Great Job! :)

lyndsay said...

I am in love with that bathroom.
I love the technique on the walls.
It looks like gold leafing. I would love a big bath tub like that. Great Job!

Roxanne said...

Thanks, Beth and Lyndsay! I so glad you like it! Thanks for your words of encouragement...your sosweet.